Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Ankleeeeeeeeeee

Last Monday, I did a stupid thing. I went to attempt to do a chin up on my bunk's door ledge. As I was going up, my right hand lost grip and I fell... on my outer right ankle... After that it swelled, was quite bad... its like having a double chin on your leg...

Sgt. scolded me -.- ok, if i were the sgt i would also do that la... cus its the most cock thing i ever done in my life...

Thought was sprain only so didn't continue the rest of the day's activities. Next day swelling subsided slightly and reported sick and went to see MO. Went thru everything until the x-ray part where I was told that the guy had taken the rest of the day off -.- had unofficial excuse of physical activity for the whole of that day.

Following day (Third day) went to see MO for xray. By then i could almost walk normally instead of limping for the past few days and the swelling had subsided by ALOT, my leg looked normal just very slight swelling. X ray done and went up to see the real medicial officer where they said that there was a fragment in my leg... I was wtf?! They then said that i was to go to cgh immediately, which ment after like 2 hours of waiting? And it was because they were unable to diagnose what is wrong with my leg.

Got to cgh, by cab with sgt, by that time i could walk almost perfectly. Waited again... and finally went to see the doctor whom i showed the xray to. She then asked me if I had any old ankle injury which i denied as i didn't remember having any really serious ankle injury... She then consulted her "senior doctor" and came back saying that she was going to cast it to be safe... WTF cast... crap. I begged her, like maybe give me some rub or sth, anything but a cast. But it was futile.

Why I do not want to be casted?? Heres why.

Firstly, I have had unplesant experiences with CGH and it also involved a cast. Secondly, a cast on my leg means crutches which means movement would be a chore... ARGH. Then she told me, MC for 1 week and I was like OK, because 1 week is the maximum if i do not want to be oot.

Went to counter to collect crutches(argh) and they taught me how to use which i mastered on the first try... Then came the fucked up part. There was no slot for me to remove my cast so my MC had to be extended another 5 days to 20th july, which is the coming monday... ARGH!!! Sgt told me i confirm oot. DAMN!

But there is this chance, a small opportunity for me not to get oot-ed... This is because due to h1n1, my company did not carry out alot of activities, which means that i did not miss much. Gotta beg my PC to not let me oot...

Also hope that my leg's all right and all healed up...




Side notes:

Apparently I had an avulsion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avulsion_fracture for more)

and

I MISSS MY SECTIONNNN

No comments: